February is National Heart Health Month
There are a lot of red foods and many are good for your heart!
- Strawberries are only 43 calories per cup and contain Vitamin C, folate, potassium and cancer fighting flavonoids.
- Tomatoes are a great source of Vitamin C and K, also Vitamin A, and antioxidants and cancer fighters carotenoids lutein and lycopene. The skins contain many phytonutrients, so eat them too! Buying organic is recommended due to pesticides used during growth of many tomato plants.
- Red Beans are a great source of plant based protein, fiber, folate, iron, manganese, copper, potassium and several other minerals. Dried beans are recommended over canned beans due to the BPA lining of most cans.
- Beets have naturally occurring nitrates which have been shown to improve athletic performance including endurance and speed.
- Peppers contain vitamin C, A, B6, and are full of antioxidants. Organic produce is recommended here as well.
Other red foods that you should include in your diet are cherries, raspberries, watermelon, cranberries, pomegranates, and even apples.
Take care of your health and your heart!
ABOUT URGENT CARE 24/7
Urgent Care 24/7 has 5 locations in Savannah, GA and will be opening in Centennial Park in Atlanta, GA in Spring of 2018. Urgent Care 24/7 also owns and operates Bulldog Urgent Care in Athens, GA. Open 7 days a week, 365 days a year, Urgent Care 24/7 Midtown is the only regional Urgent Care clinic open 24 hours a day. Urgent Care 24/7 is committed to keeping you and your family healthy and functioning your best. Providing complete medical care when you need it, where you need it, Urgent Care 24/7 has coastal Georgia locations in Historic Savannah, Whitemarsh Island, Southside Savannah, Midtown Savannah, and Pooler, GA, when you search “Urgent Care Near Me,” you are sure to find one close to home.
Urgent Care 24/7 also offers Occupational Health and Employer related services. D.O.T. and non-D.O.T. drug screens are always available. Employment, Sports, and D.O.T. physicals are available at any clinic on a walk-in basis as well. Full service lab testing is available with in-house and send-out labs. No referral or provider visit is needed for basis lab work. Urgent Care 24/7 also maintains an in-house dispensary so most prescribed medications can be obtained without a trip to the pharmacy, however all prescriptions may be called in to the patient’s pharmacy of choosing.
Waiting in the Emergency Room is now a thing of the past. No appointment is ever needed to walk in to any of Urgent Care 24/7’s clinics. X-ray and Ultrasound are even available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at Urgent Care 24/7 Midtown and no referral is needed. Urgent Care 24/7 strives to get you feeling better fast with no waiting. All Office Visits are just $99. There is never an after-hours fee. Consistently rated #1, Urgent Care 24/7 has been voted Best Urgent Care seven times in people’s choice awards. For more information about services, locations, or hours of operation, call (912)234-CARE anytime, day or night, or visit www.UrgentCare247.com.